Fibers blending | Advantages of fibers blending | Methods of fibers blending
Fibers blending | Advantages of fibers blending | Methods of fibers blending: In production process of yarn, mixing of various origins of fibres such as length, thickness, or colour to form yarn is known as Blending. Blending is accomplished before spinning and is performed to impart such desirable characteristics as strength or durability, to scale back cost by combining expensive fibres with less expensive types, or to attain special colour or texture effects. Fabrics made of such fibres are called blends. Blending also refers to the method of mixing small amounts of the identical fibre. That are taken from different lots to attain a consistent result.
Advantages of Textile fiber Blending
- When blends are made with elastane we obtain elastic garments with unique colors and sublimation; this mixture is used for garments such as leggings, tops, cycling uniforms, swimwear, among others.
2. Viscous blends provide silky or woolly feel in tailors.
3. There is greater durability of the color in the garments against washes, light, chlorinated water and sea water.
4. An innovation is the mix of polyester and recycled polyester in the weaving mill for some of our textiles, which generates less impact for the textile industry on the environment.
- We have a polyester / nylon blend in textiles such as Kansas upholstery to provide greater resistance.
Methods of Blending textile fibers:
Blending can be carried out at the initial stage, drawing etc.
- In the early stage of opening , in the blow room operation, the textile fibres are feast one on top of the other and fed into the blending feeder.
- The blending can also be carried out at the carding stage.
- Correspondingly the blending can be carried at roving or drawing
- A filament yarn mixed contains yarns of diverse deniers (denier is the yarn numbering system used for filament yarns) mixed together.
You may also like..