Modacrylic fiber|Characteristics & Properties of modacrylic fiber |Application of Modacrylic Fiber
Modacrylic fiber|Characteristics & Properties of modacrylic fiber |Application of Modacrylic Fiber: Modacrylic fiber is a factory-made fiber during which the fiber founding substance is any long chain synthetic polymer composed of but eighty five percent. But a minimum of thirty five percent by weight of acrylonitrile units. (-CH2CH [CN]-) x. A modacrylic may be a artificial copolymer. Modacrylic fiber is integrally flame resistant. when it is directly visible to flame it burns but it doesn’t melt or drip and is self-extinguishing when the flame is detached.
Modacrylic is extensively utilized in high performance protective clothing, like firefighting turnout gear. Because flame resistance is combined with other necessary textile properties like durability and good hand feel. Modacrylics are soft, strong, resilient, and dimensionally stable. They will be easily dyed, show good press and shape retention, and are quick to dry. They need outstanding resistance to chemicals and solvents, aren’t attacked by moths or mildew, and are no allergenic. Amongst their uses are in , fur like outerwear, apparel linings , scatter rugs, carpets, work clothing, paint-roller covers, as hair in wigs.
This fiber is very resistant to chemical. It holds its strength in concentrated acid/alkaline environments, which is beneficial surely styles of industrial filtration. The modacrylic is additionally on the acute negative end of the triboelectric scale. And when combined with another more positive fiber like polypropylene, leads to a triboelectric media with better-quality filtration efficiency.
Resins that are copolymers (combinations) of acrylonitrile and other materials are the major substances in making of modacrylic fibers .Like vinyl chloride, vinylidene chloride or vinyl bromide. Modacrylic fibers are either dry spun or wet spun.
Characteristics of modacrylic fiber
- Flame resistant
- Abrasion resistant
- Quick drying
- Shape retentive
- Easy to dye to bright shades
- Resistant to acids and alkalies
The low softening temperatures of modacrylic fibers allow them to be stretched, embossed and molded into special shapes. The fibers could also be produced with controlled heat shrinkage capacities. When fibers of various shrinkage’s are mixed within the surface of a pile fabric, the appliance of warmth develops fibers of various lengths, producing a surface that resembles natural fur.
Properties of Modacrylic Fiber
28 to 32
2.6 cN/den (dry)
|35% acrylonitrile / 65% vinylidene chloride|
|3 denier x 51mm cut length|
Application of Modacrylic Fiber
- Fabric: Non woven, knit-pile fabric backings, Fleece.
- Home Furnishings: Carpets, awnings, blankets and scatter rugs, Flame-resistant draperies, curtains.
- Apparel: Career apparel, deep-pile coats, simulated fur, wigs and hair pieces, trims and linings, children’s sleepwear,.
- Other Uses:Industrial fabrics, Filters, stuffed toys paint rollers.
Precaution for Modacrylic Fiber:
The best recommendation for deep-pile garments is fur-cleaning or dry-cleaning. For washable items:
- Machine washes in warm water and add fabric softener for the duration of the final rinse cycle.
- If dryer is used, use low setting and remove articles as soon as tumbling cycle has stopped.
- If pressing is compulsory, use low setting. Never use a burning iron. (For precise instructions, refer to garment’s sewn-in care label.)
You may also like….