Types of sewing machines attachments
In this article, we will discuss about types of sewing machines attachments. Usually, these attachments are known as sewing machine parts and accessories. Sewing machine attachments make the use of sewing machines easier and deliver a variety of ornamental sewing potentials. These sewing machine attachments are mechanisms that are attached to sewing machines without cutting through or changing the original frame of the machine. The removal of such an attachment leaves the machine in its original condition.
- It is used for decorative trim on shirt pockets and pleats at back and front body.
- Designed mostly for double needle machines.
- Face goods may be in pieces or rolls – lining must be in rolls. Several pleat styles are available.
Attach Center Placket (French Front Folder)
Normally used on first quality men’s shirts. It is available for single and double needle machines. Clear plastic feet are used in conjunction with the centre front operation. The transparent feature allows the operator to match stripes and plaids more easily. Available for most multi-needle machines.
Attach Center Placket (Horn Style Placket Folder)
- Sometimes referred to as “Horn Type Top Center” or “Wrap Folder“.
- Used to sew a front, primarily on ladies’ dress shirts and “pullover” type sport shirts.
- Available with or without lining. Material generally cut in short pieces, but can also be cut in rolls.
Attach Center Placket
- Attaches the center plait to the shirt body. Folder features a separate concave lining track that allows easier starts for all types of fabrics and a tight finish around the lining.
- Bed plate mount or swing bracket mount is available. Body hemmer provided with folder.
- Used to make a one piece shirt front by hemming the shirt body itself. Folder features a separate concave lining track which helps produce a tight finish. Available in left hand (ladies’-neck start) and right hand (men’s-neck start) models. Used to eliminate shading problems and to match stripes and plaids.
Closing Side Seams
- Lap seam folders are used to close side seams.
- Folder available with separate width adjustment. Lap seam folder can also be made with a spring release which will allow sleeve seam to pass through freely.
- Please specify make and gauge of machine and send material with a sample of the sleeve seams.
Zipper attachment for multi-needle machines
- Designed to give greater production, with greater uniformity, from a less skilled operator
- The individual zipper is pushed through the guide to the foot.
- The garment parts are then placed in the folders and the whole section is sewn at one time.
Covered Elastic Attachment
- Designed for use with covered webbing in making a shirred waistband on sportswear, pants.
- It folds banding around the stretched webbing and simultaneously applies it to the garment.